|Basic Life Support
HCS has moved to Bloomington!
Click here for more information.
Now offering weekday, evening and Saturday class options.
REGISTER - PLEASE BILL MY ORGANIZATION
This course teaches Basic Life Support skills that can be applied in either a pre-hospital or in-facility setting, including:
Intended for individuals who provide health care in a variety of settings:
- CPR for adults, children, and infants
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Care for conscious and unconscious choking
- Importance of team dynamics and roles in multiple rescuer efforts
- Basic Life Support skills as both a single rescuer and as part of a team
- Therapists and Therapy Assistants
- Police Officers
- Dentists and Dental Assistants, Hygienists
- Athletic Trainers
- Students in a health care training program:
- Nursing Students
- Dental Students
- Medical Students
- Therapy Students
Upon successful completion of this course, students will receive an American Heart Association BLS course compltion card, valid for 2 years.
Health Counseling Services will provide snacks. Students may bring a bag lunch.
If you are interested in having a course presented at your facility, CLICK HERE to contact Karen Lilla.