No dates are currently available
REGISTER - PLEASE BILL MY ORGANIZATIONCreating positive behavior change in others can be both a challenging and rewarding process! It begins with clarifying our roles as part of a support system for those we work with. By expanding our perspectives and sharing our experiences, we are able to gain new insights into how to manage these complex roles.
When we begin to see behaviors that challenge us not as "problems" but as opportunities, then we empower ourselves to be facilitators of change. This training will provide a foundation for building attitudes, approaches, and interventions that will support the best possible outcome for people receiving services.
During this course, participants will:
- learn some of the basic principles of behavior,
- why challenging behaviors develop,
- strategies to assist staff not to personalize behaviors, and
- general interaction strategies and interventions, helpful in supporting a myriad of different and unique individuals.
Course Fee $99
Course materials, refreshments and lunch are included in the course fee
Pre-registration is required, register early! Class size is limited
Video/audio taping of courses is prohibited
- Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before the course. The course fee will be charged if cancellation is made in less than 24 hours. Registration is transferable to another person.
About the instructor
Wendy Selnes, M.A., BCBA
Wendy is a Board Certified Behavior
Analyst. She holds a master’s degree in Clinical Psychology and a
bachelor’s degree in Psychology with a minor in Child Psychology. Wendy
has thirteen years of experience in the field of human services. She
is designated as a QMRP and fulfills the qualifications of a Mental
Health Practitioner. She is a partner and Senior Behavior Analyst with
Brih Design, a consulting firm which offers support and services to
people who exhibit difficult to manage behaviors.
This course provides 6.5 contact hours to nurses and 5.4 continuing education hours to social workers.
If you are interested in having a course presented at your facility, CLICK HERE to contact Karen Lilla.