The MANDT System
HCS has moved to Bloomington!
Click here for more information.
Thursday, November 8 (9am-5pm)
Course Fee: $99
REGISTER - PLEASE BILL MY ORGANIZATION
This course includes relational skills training only. Physical skills, including separating or restraining, are not included in this course. The focus is on creating healthy relationships and developing an emotionally, psychologically, and physically safe culture. This course is designed to provide staff with tools to better understand behaviors people may use to communicate fear, frustration, anxiety and tension.
Concepts taught include:
- Building healthy relationships and learning the technique RADAR (recognize, assess, decide, act and review) to prevent incidents from occurring
- Improving communication to build relationships, prevent incidents, and de-escalate a situation
- Tools for developing healthy conflict management skills
This course is interactive, and involves:
- hands-on activities and team building
Course materials, refreshments and lunch are included in the course fee
Pre-registration is required, register early! Class size is limited
Video/audio taping of courses is prohibited
- Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before the course. The course fee will be charged if cancellation is made in less than 24 hours. Registration is transferable to another person.
About the instructor
Karen Lilla, RN, BSN, is the Education and Contract Manager at Health Counseling Services. She is a registered nurse, with over a decade of experience in the community health field. She has taught a variety of courses at HCS to adult learners, including CPR/First Aid and Medication Administration. An enthusiastic and knowledgeable instructor, Karen delivers course material in an engaging and approachable way, allowing students to gain confidence in both their knowledge and skills.
This course provides 8 contact hours
If you are interested in having a course presented at your facility, CLICK HERE to contact Karen Lilla.