Blended Learning Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR Minneapolis
Blended Learning Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR is completed in two parts: a 2-hour online course and an in-person skills session with an American Heart Association BLS Instructor.
Please register for a date and time to complete the in-person skills session appointment below. The online course will be sent approximately one week in advance of the class. This course will be sent directly to the student. Please be sure to enter the student’s email in the registration below.
- Be prompt to your appointment time for your test at Health Counseling Services. If you are unable to make your appointment time, please notify us as soon as possible. Spots are limited.
- Your appointment time is 1 hour. This will include an opportunity to practice skills and ask questions, as well as time to take a skills test.
- If you are ill (including, but not limited to cough, runny nose, sore throat, shortness of breath, elevated temperature greater than 100 degrees) please call us to reschedule.
- Per the Governor’s mandate, please wear a face mask or cloth face covering to your appointment at Health Counseling Services.
This basic life support class teaches Basic Life Support skills that can be applied in either a pre-hospital or in-facility setting, including:
- CPR for adults, children, and infants
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Care for conscious and unconscious choking
- Importance of team dynamics and roles in multiple rescuer efforts
- Basic Life Support skills as both a single rescuer and as part of a team
Intended for individuals who provide health care in a variety of settings:
- Therapists and Therapy Assistants
- Police Officers
- Dentists and Dental Assistants, Hygienists
- Athletic Trainers
- Students in a health care training program:
- Nursing Students
- Dental Students
- Medical Students
- Therapy Students
Upon successful completion of this course, students will receive an American Heart Association basic life support online course completion card, valid for 2 years.
If you are interested in having a course presented at your facility, CLICK HERE to contact Karen Lilla.
- Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before the course. The course fee will be charged if cancellation is made in less than 24 hours. Registration is transferable to another person.
- For blended learning courses, $30 is non-refundable for cancellations not rescheduled by the same student. This is due to online course codes assigned specifically to the student.