Blended Learning Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED
Blended Learning Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED is completed in two parts: a 4-hour online course and an in-person skills session with an American Heart Association BLS Instructor.
Please register for a date and time to complete the in-person skills session appointment below. The online course will be sent approximately one week in advance of the class. This course will be sent directly to the student. Please be sure to enter the student’s email in the registration below.
- Be prompt to your appointment time for your test at Health Counseling Services. If you are unable to make your appointment time, please notify us as soon as possible. Spots are limited.
- Your appointment time is 1.5 hours. This will include an opportunity to practice skills and ask questions, as well as time to take a skills test.
- If you are ill (including, but not limited to cough, runny nose, sore throat, shortness of breath, elevated temperature greater than 100 degrees or feeling feverish) please call us to reschedule.
- Per the Governor’s mandate, please wear a face mask or cloth face covering to your appointment at Health Counseling Services.
What you will learn:
- Adult, child, and infant CPR
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Care for conscious and unconscious choking
- First aid for medical injury and environmental emergencies
This course is intended for:
- People who need this training for employment:
- Caregivers or direct support staff
- Anyone wanting to provide life saving skills in an emergency:
Upon successful completion of this course students will receive an American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED course completion card, valid for 2 years.
- Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before the course. The course fee will be charged if cancellation is made in less than 24 hours. Registration is transferable to another person.
ASL Interpreting Services
HCS provides ASL interpreting services to one Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED course per quarter. The next available course will be on Wednesday, September 23rd. 2020. You must request an interpreter at least 10 business days prior to the scheduled training. If an interpreter is not requested, no interpreting services will be available the day of the course. In order to request interpreting services, please contact Karen.