Borderline Personality Disorder
Next Course Date:
Working with people in residential settings who have borderline personality disorder (BPD) can be a challenging experience. Learning the dynamics and characteristics of BPD will aid in your understanding of these complex individuals. This course allows you to build awareness of how this personality disorder can affect the emotional tone of the home or work setting, and will help you to prevent power struggles and reestablish boundaries.
This course teaches:
- Effective therapeutic interventions,
- Techniques to help avoid crisis,
- Methods to prevent staff burnout, and
- Communication techniques to deal with intense anger and emotional abuse.
- Course materials, refreshments and lunch are included in the course fee
- Pre-registration is required, register early! Class size is limited
- Video/audio taping of courses is prohibited
- Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before the course. The course fee will be charged if cancellation is made in less than 24 hours. Registration is transferable to another person.
About the instructors
Karen Finck, APRN, CNS, is an expert in psychiatric nursing and president of HCS. An engaging speaker, Ms. Finck lectures throughout Minnesota on mental health topics. She adeptly uses humor and presents real-life anecdotes from her experiences in the field. She provides not only an understandable theoretical framework, but offers practical approaches as well.
Vicki Dean-Gramlich, APRN, CNS has an Associate of Applied Science Nursing Degree from the College of St Catherine’s in Minnesota, a Bachelor of Science Nursing Degree from Bethel University, and a Master of Science in Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing from the University of Minnesota. Vicki has twelve years of experience as an inpatient psychiatric nurse, and three years as an advanced practice provider.
This course provides 5.25 clock hours.
If you are interested in having a course presented at your facility, CLICK HERE to contact Karen Lilla.