Dementia Training: Positive Approach to Care Part 1- Normal vs. Not Normal Aging
Date(s) - 01/07/2021
9:00 am - 11:30 am
- If you are ill (including, but not limited to cough, runny nose, sore throat, shortness of breath, elevated temperature greater than 100 degrees or feeling feverish) please call us to reschedule.
- Per the Governor’s mandate, please wear a face mask or cloth face covering to your class at Health Counseling Services
This dementia training, Positive Approach to Care, will improve participants’ ability to interact positively and effectively with people experiencing dementia or a related condition. Part 1 and Part 2 will allow participants to continue to build on learned skills but each class is a stand-alone training opportunity so register for one or both!
In Part 1, Normal vs. Not Normal Aging, participants will:
- Compare and contrast normal aging versus not normal aging related to various cognitive functions
- Describe the five sensory input and processing systems, highlighting the dominant role of vision, and the major differences between protective and discriminating sensation in each
- Discuss the impact of changing sensory awareness and processing as dementia progresses.