Dementia Training: Positive Approach to Care Part 2- Seeing GEMS® As More than Just Loss: Progression Patterns
Date(s) - 09/29/2020
9:00 am - 11:00 am
- If you are ill (including, but not limited to cough, runny nose, sore throat, shortness of breath, elevated temperature greater than 100 degrees or feeling feverish) please call us to reschedule.
- Per the Governor’s mandate, please wear a face mask or cloth face covering to your class at Health Counseling Services
This dementia training, Positive Approach to Care, will improve participants’ ability to interact positively and effectively with people experiencing dementia or a related condition. Part 1 and Part 2 will allow participants to continue to build on learned skills but each class is a stand-alone training opportunity so register for one or both!
In Part 2, Seeing GEMS® As More than Just Loss: Progression Patterns , participants will:
- Discuss normal aging and stages of dementia, and the correlating GEM for each (sapphire, diamond, emerald, amber, ruby, pearl).
- Use the GEMS™ to facilitate positive, supportive communication between the care giver and the person being cared for.
- Analyze and respond to unmet needs that lead to distress or challenging behaviors as the disease progresses.
- Describe effective combinations of multi-modal helping techniques, emphasizing use of preserved abilities.
Bookings are closed for this event.