HeartSaver First Aid CPR AED
In-person Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED courses are available. We also have a blended learning option available. Click HERE to learn more or to register for blended learning courses.
- If you are ill (including, but not limited to cough, runny nose, sore throat, shortness of breath, elevated temperature greater than 100 degrees or feeling feverish) please contact us to reschedule.
- Per the Governor’s mandate, please wear a face mask or cloth face covering to your class at Health Counseling Services.
What you will learn:
- Adult, child, and infant CPR
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Care for conscious and unconscious choking
- First aid for medical injury and environmental emergencies
This course is intended for:
- People who need this training for employment:
- Caregivers or direct support staff
- Anyone wanting to provide life saving skills in an emergency:
Upon successful completion of this course students will receive an American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED course completion card, valid for 2 years.
Don’t Need to Take Both CPR and First Aid?
Generally, we encourage students to attend the full First Aid / CPR / AED training. However, we also understand that you may need just the First Aid or CPR/AED training portions of the course. In order to better meet your needs, students may attend either the first half (CPR/AED) or the second half (First Aid) of any combination course. The fee for attending either session is $60.
Please call to register at (612)345-8522.
Please note: If you are in a nursing program or are training to be an EMT, you must take the Basic Life Support – BLS Provider Course. The Heartsaver level will not meet your training needs.
- Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before the course. The course fee will be charged if cancellation is made in less than 24 hours. Registration is transferable to another person.
ASL Interpreting Services
HCS provides ASL interpreting services to one Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED course per quarter. The next available course will be on Wednesday, September 23, 2020. You must request an interpreter at least 10 business days prior to the scheduled training. If an interpreter is not requested, no interpreting services will be available the day of the course. In order to request interpreting services, please contact Karen.
If you are interested in having a course presented at your facility, CLICK HERE to contact Karen Lilla.